With over 25 years of professional experience as an academic, consultant, writer and speaker, Ruta Aidis is a leading international expert on entrepreneurship, economic development, innovation, gender, women’s economic empowerment and public policy. She is an award winning author with over 50 published articles, books and reports.
A successful proposal writer for both the public and private sector, Dr. Aidis has led research teams to develop ground breaking new measurement tools, data development and analysis. She is uniquely skilled at translating complex sophisticated analysis and concepts into practical action oriented recommendations and results accessible to journalists, advocates and policymakers.
Dr. Aidis has extensive international work experience and is a skilled manager of people, projects and ideas. In addition to teaching and research, Ruta Aidis is a consultant (both short and long term) for research agencies, international development organizations, universities and think tanks.
Current positions: Dr. Aidis is CEO and Founder of ACG Inc., Research Lead for Measuring Women’s Entrepreneurship in VC funded Companies, Research Director of the Global Women Entrepreneur Leaders Scorecard and Senior Fellow at the Schar School for Policy and Government, George Mason University.
Areas of Specialization:
- small and medium-size enterprise development (SMEs)
- Entrepreneurship and public policy
- Women’s growth oriented entrepreneurship development
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Diversity and inclusive economic growth
- International development
- Gender issues
- Economic and institutional development
- Entrepreneurship education and training
- Quantitative and qualitative methodologies